StoryFest 2021: Lecture Presentation - The Healing Power of Stories by Susan Perrow
by Susan Perrow (M.Ed) (Australia)
Date: Thursday, 8th July 2021
Time: 9am – 10am (Singapore time)
Ticket: SGD $10
Type: Lecture Presentation
Adult participants above 18 years
- Special Needs Sector
- Teachers & Educators
- Counsellors & Therapists
- Parents & Caregivers
- Community Facilitators
- Performing Artists
Explore the possibilities of therapeutic storytelling with Susan Perrow whose sessions and books have been described as “fun, educational and inspiring”. Her lecture will draw from more than 15 years of experience writing therapeutic stories and running training for educators, caregivers and health professionals (including therapists and school counsellors).
If you’re new to therapeutic storytelling, this one hour lecture will be a great starting point. Techniques and methods from the lecture may be used with children, teens and adults.
Get your tickets and be inspired by the healing power of stories today.
- Listen to the acclaimed therapeutic storyteller and published author
- Notable works include: Therapeutic Storytelling: 101 Healing Stories for Children, Healing Stories for Challenging Behaviour, An A-Z Collection of Behaviour Tales: From Angry Ant to Zestless Zebra (Storytelling), Stories to Light the Night: A Grief and Loss Collection for Children, Families and Communities (Storytelling)
At the end of this lecture, participants will:
- Discover a range of therapeutic stories suitable for all ages
- Explore stories to soothe, help, motivate, give hope and build resilience
- Learn therapeutic story writing frameworks – simple to use, even if you don’t consider yourself a writer
Susan is an Australian author with an extensive background in teaching, teacher training, storytelling and course facilitating. She works with ‘story medicine’ and writes, collects and documents stories that offer a therapeutic journey. When it was safe, she travelled internationally giving keynotes and training seminars for teachers, parents and therapists. She recently developed online training sessions. Find out more here: www.susanperrow.com
All patrons are required to purchase tickets for admission to Zoom
Admission is subject to proof of tickets purchased
No Refunds, no exchange of tickets
PHOTOGRAPHY & VIDEO RECORDING RULES
Unauthorized video and audio recording is not permitted for this event.
Presented by The Storytelling Centre Limited and The Arts House
With the support of the National Arts Council Singapore
For more info, please visit www.storyfestsg.com
- The event description was updated. Diff#994130 2021-04-29 17:33:32